Shake Shack (Hong Kong) Limited, is an approved operator of "Shake Shack" in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People’s Republic of China ("Hong Kong"). “We”, “us”, “our” and “ours” refer collectively to Shake Shack (Hong Kong) Limited, and its subsidiaries and affiliates.
Please read this Privacy Statement carefully. By accessing or utilizing services on www.shakeshack.com.hk means that you have accepted the terms of this Privacy Statement. If you are unwilling to be bound by the following terms, please do not use this Website. If you complete any form via this Website, after you have completed the form and pressed the button "submit", it indicates that you have read and understood this Privacy Statement and agreed to how personal data are collected and used as provided in this Privacy Statement. We reserve the right to change or modify the contents of this Website at any time and unilaterally change this Privacy Statement without notification. You should regularly check whether this Privacy Statement has been modified via this Website, as your continued use of this Website or this Application indicates your acceptance of any change to this Privacy Statement. However, if the modification might materially affect the way we use or disclose your information (including your personal data) ("Data"), we will ask for your consent prior to any modified use. "You", "member" and "user" refer to any person that accesses this Website for any reason.
1. Collection of Data and its purposes
When you use this Website to submit application and/or otherwise use the services provided on or via this Website, you may have to provide us your Data including but not limited to your name, contact details and email address. You agree to provide us such information voluntarily. You agree and understand that any and all of the Data you provided us will be collected and used as follows:
- (a) for verification of identity and record;
- (b) for displaying on the membership portal when you use this Website, the Internet and other channels in managing your Data;
- (c) for analysis and for comparison with others' Data in order to develop our products or services and market promotion Programs;
- (d) for sending and communicating with you offers and promotions in relation to food and beverage and catering services provided by us, its affiliated companies and business partners in joint promotions;
- (e) for storing communication contacting details;
- (f) for generating survey on user traffic on this Website;
- (g) for implementing your instruction, processing your application, responding to your enquiries or those made in your name, and providing efficient and responsive service.
2. Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance
We comply with Hong Kong laws including Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance in its policy and the ways it collects, uses, stores, discloses, transfers, protects and accesses Data.
3. Retention, storage and disclosure of Data
You acknowledge, agree and authorize us to retain and store the Data you provided in one or more databases of ours within or outside Hong Kong, and to provide, disclose, allow access and transfer such Data to:
- (a) any employee of ours who are authorized to handle such Data for the purposes for which such Data are collected;
- (b) any contractor or agent which provides administrative, telecommunication, computer, payment, insurance, professional or other services to us and is engaged by us for the purposes for which such Data are collected or relevant to the purposes for which such Data are collected;
- (c) anyone that we have to make disclosure to in accordance with the requirements of applicable laws, administrative policies or regulations;
- (d) anyone who reasonably requires us to make disclosure in order that we can implement the purposes listed in this Privacy Statement.
You agree that we can disclose your Data in the following reasonable and necessary circumstances:
- (i) in compliance with relevant laws;
- (iii) to protect our rights, properties or interests and that of our affiliated companies, employees, agents , customers and users ; or
- (iv) in compliance with this Privacy Statement.
We specifically state herein that we have not and will not sell your Data. We also will not provide, disclose, allow access and transfer your Data to any third party other than the above.
We shall retain your Data after you have provided your Data via this Website.
4. Security of Data
We will use various security technologies and procedures to protect your Data from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. Because of the nature of Internet, we cannot guarantee the security on any transfer of Data. However, we will take all practical and feasible measures to ensure any Data collected by this Website will not be intercepted by any third party. You must be clear that our advertisers or any website with links to this Website may collect your Data. You must read the relevant privacy statement carefully before you provide your Data to them. Your provision of your Data to any third party has nothing to do with us and we will not have any responsibility for such. If we receive relevant Data from a third party, we will retain the information in the usual strict secured and confidential standards.
5. Access, amendment or deletion to Data or opt-out of receiving our communications
You are aware that according to Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, you have the right to access your personal data held by us and request amendment or deletion to your personal data. If you wish to access, amend or delete your personal data held by us, please send your request with your name to Shake SHack Hong Kong via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to: Shake Shack Hong Kong Limited, 18/F, No.17 Cheung Shun Street, Cheung Sha Wan, Kowloon, Hong Kong.
If you do not wish to receive any direct marketing communications in the future, you can at any time send us your request with your name to Shake Shack Hong Kong via email at: email@example.com or by post to: Shake Shack Hong Kong, 18/F, No.17 Cheung Shun Street, Cheung Sha Wan, Kowloon, Hong Kong. Please note that if you opt out of receiving direct marketing communications, you will not receive the news in relation to our discount offer or promotion.
6. Cookies and third-party applications
7. Use of Web Beacons
We may use Web beacons on this Website or other websites and allow third party to place Web beacons on this Website to monitor the effectiveness of promotion or other legal purposes. Web beacons are also called web crawler. It is an object that is embedded in a web page or email which allows checking by website owner or a third party on whether a user has viewed the page or email. It is usually invisible to the user as its size is generally very small (1x1 gif) and has the same colour as the web page, document or email. Web beacons are identified as HTML IMG on web pages. Users can click on the information option on the web page to find out whether Web beacons are used on the web page. Web beacons can link to personal information. For example, advertising network uses web beacons to add on personal information the web pages a person visited and based on such information to add a particular kind of advertising bars. Web beacons can also be used to independently track the number of people visiting the web site.
8. Links to third parties' websites or applications
Please note that we provide links to third parties' websites or applications as a service to users or acknowledgement of the applications. We are not responsible for the contents on such web pages or third-party applications or how information is collected. We recommend you to read and understand the privacy measures of any such third parties' website or applications before you submit any information to them.
This Website or this Application does not plan or intend to collect Data from underage below 18. To respect the privacy of underage, underage below 18 should not provide any Data on this Website or this Application. We ask that parents monitor their children when they surf on the web/ browse on this Application.
©2020 Shake Shack (Hong Kong) Limited